Chromebook is something that should not be a gaming device, but in recent years, Chromebook and gaming have become much more flexible and diverse.
Chromebooks usually don’t have gaming power to run games or Chromebook’s OS is not designed for gaming, but don’t worry running games has become much more than a limitation of the device.
In 2021 you can run many major gaming titles using stadia, Linux emulations, and android games.
- BEST VISUALLY STUNNING ANIME (2021)
- BEST ANIME TO WATCH IN JANUARY – FEBRUARY (2021)
- BEST FREE VPN FOR PC (2021)
Gaming In Chromebook
The Google Play Store on Chromebooks now has a Premium gaming section that makes it easier for you to discover exciting games designed for Chromebook. These include favorites like Incredibox, Gamedev Tycoon, and Bridge Constructor Portal.
Web games are not the 3d or realistic games, but rather it’s simple browser games that don’t require a hardware specification. And you don’t need to anything special to play web games, you just need any of your favorite browsers.
In the future, we might make a list of the best web games.
But here are some of the best web games.
Cloud gaming, not yet a well-established concept for gaming, but that does not mean that cloud gaming is bad, rather cloud gaming is not enough popular to be excepted.
There are currently two major cloud gaming platform, google stadia, and GeForce Now.
You can play many latest and major title using stadia, and you will able to play most of the pc games using GeForce now pc games like Fortnite, Apex LegendsTM, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, DOTA 2, and more.
Linux and Steam
With the support of integrated Linux, Chromebook has opened a wide range of possibilities, and one of those possibilities is the support of steam and pc games.
But don’t be so confident because many of the games on steam are made for high spec pc, which most of the Chromebooks don’t have, but that not means you can not play steam games on Chromebooks. but rather it’s the opposite, steam has so many games to play and most of the steam games are not made for high spec pcs, which means you can play many games on your Chromebooks using steam.
How to install steam in Chromebook.
Let’s start by enabling Linux apps on your Chromebook:
- Click on the System Tray, which is the area in the bottom-right corner of your Chrome OS UI.
- Select the gear icon to open the Settings.
- Find the Linux (Beta) section.
- Press the Turn on button next to the Linux box.
- Click Install.
- A command terminal window will appear when everything is installed.
- You are now ready for the more confusing part!
How to install Steam Linux app on Chromebooks:
- If the Linux terminal window isn’t opened, press Shift + Ctrl + T simultaneously.
- Type this command and then press enter: echo ‘deb http://httpredir.debian.org/debian/ jessie main contrib non-free’ | sudo tee -a /etc
- Then enter this command: sudo dpkg –add-architecture i386
- Followed by this one: sudo apt update
- Finally, enter this command: sudo apt install steam
- Let the installation process finish. Then go ahead and launch the app by entering the command steam in the terminal.
Now you know how to play games on Chromebook, if you like our post about Gaming In Chromebook then don’t forget to follow our social media to get more posts like this.