Bored of the same old cursor and want to try something new and fresh, then don’t worry we have the perfect how-to guide for changing your mouse cursor.
We will cover almost all major platforms like Windows 10, mac os, Chromebook, and Linux.
And if want to know the best cursor for your desktop then check out our previous post about the best mouse cursor by clicking the link below.
- Related: TOP 35 BEST CUSTOM CURSOR
How to change mouse pointer in Windows 10
Windows 10 lets you customize your mouse cursor beyond adjusting color and scale or making it easier to see. You can modify the pointer theme, or even import and download cursor designs.
- Open Control Panel And click on the mouse.
- In the Mouse Properties window that appears, click the Pointers tab.
- On the Pointers tab, select the mouse cursor you want to change in the Customize region. For example, the cursor you normally see is the Normal Select pointer, and the Busy pointer is the rotating cursor you see when your computer is running.
- After you’ve made your selection, click Browse.
- Clicking the Browse button will pull up a list of all cursors loaded on your hard drive. Choose a cursor from the collection, and then press Open. (You can also download any cursor from our list of 35 best cursors)
- After clicking a new mouse cursor, it will be seen in the mouse properties window.
- Click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
How to change your mouse cursor on Chromebook
There is a limitation in Chromebook settings on adjusting the mouse cursor, which means that you can adjust the size and color of the mouse cursor, however, you can’t change the entire design. But don’t worry, there’s a way to adjust the mouse cursor in Chromebook.
- Open Setting in your Chromebook.
- Click on advance in your settings window.
- Under the advanced menu left-click on accessibility as shown below.
- Inside the ‘manage accessibility features’ menu scroll down the page until you find the heading ‘Mouse and touchpad‘.
- Under the Mouse and Touchpad, you can change the size and color of your mouse cursor.
Custom cursor is one of the best places to find unique and beautiful cursor design. You can use this as a plugin in your chrome browser.
- Add custom cursor addon on your chrome browser.
- Open custom cursor website.
- Choose your favorite cursor
- Click ADD
- Click On the custom cursor plugin icon in the top right corner.
- Then select your cursors.