Since the launch of Windows 10, there have been many discussions about the privacy factor of the new operating system.
Fortunately, by default, Windows 10 is more secure than Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. It has many new security features that help prevent viruses and malware infections.
Windows 10 is fully integrated with cloud-based functionality, such as OneDrive and your Microsoft account, which helps with functionality but can also open security holes.
- IPS vs TN vs VA: Best Panel For Gamers
- Smallest PC Case For Compact PC Builds
- Most Darkest Video Games
Make Your Windows 10 More Secure
Update Windows to the latest version
Possibly, the most important step to do this is to check the latest security updates and patches available for your Windows operating system.
Microsoft is doing a good job keeping the Windows operating system protected against the latest threats, but you must also participate. Make sure your Windows installation gets the latest update package.
Turn off tracking
While Microsoft allows cloud synchronization on different devices for a perfect experience, it also has data tracking capabilities. But wait, there is no need to panic, as there are ways through which you can disable the tracking features in Windows 10.
Microsoft’s built-in digital assistant is incredibly useful for sending emails, along with reminders, calendar events, and many other things.
To turn it off, follow these steps.
- Click Cortana on the Windows taskbar. It will have a popup panel.
- Click on the notebook icon and choose Settings.
- You will see an option that says Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more. There will be a toggle switch next to him. Turn it off.
It is annoying to see that your new laptop is not original and is full of all kinds of unnecessary software.
Bloatware is not included in the list of systems> applications and features that you normally use to uninstall a program.
Unlock Windows 10 of these applications
- App connector
- Bing Finance, News, Sports, Weather
- Fresh Paint
- Get started
- Microsoft Office Hub
- Microsoft Solitaire Collection
- Microsoft Sticky Notes
- Skype for Desktop,
- Alarms, Camera, Maps, Phone and SoundRecorder
- Xbox App, Zune Music, Zune Video
- Windows communications apps
- And many more.
Disable Microsoft data collections
Although Microsoft says that the data collected is only to improve the overall user experience and better Windows functionality, users are more concerned about their privacy. The amount of data breaches that occur worldwide has forced users to be more cautious about the privacy of their data.
How to make your Windows 10 more secure
If you enable this policy setting, the Delete diagnostic data button on the Configuration page will be disabled to prevent deletion of diagnostic data collected by Microsoft from the device.
If you do not disable or configure this policy setting, the Delete diagnostic data button will be enabled on the Configuration page, which allows people to erase all diagnostic data collected by Microsoft from that device.
Choose Most Secure Browser
Applying these settings still not makes you more secure unless you use a secure browser because Most people use the browser most on their computer and that why choosing the most secure browser might be top of your priority if you like privacy.
We have written an article about the most secure browser if you want to know which is the most secure browser if you want to read you can read it by clicking the link below.
Some important tips.
- Turn off ad tracking
- Turn off location tracking
- Turn off the timeline Get rid of a Microsoft account for a local account
- Manage Cortana Search
- Change the permissions of your application Control and delete diagnostic data.
- Use the Microsoft Privacy Panel Get granularity in the Settings application
- Update programs to the latest version Use antivirus and enable Windows firewall